The purpose of the Air Transport (AT) Cell is to coordinate airlift requests by member nations using spare capacity on other nations national or chartered airlift assets; this can be part load, dedicated aircraft or a combination of the two.
The payment of the airlift is usually through the Air Transport, Air to Air Refuelling and other Exchanges of Services (ATARES) system; however, airlift can be arranged through an Acquisition Cross Servicing Agreement (ACSA) agreement for from the USA or as a bi-lateral agreement between nations in cash.
There is also the possibility for authorised non member organisations such as NATO to utilise the system via a sponsor nation.
Some good examples of member nation mutual cooperation through the coordination by MCCE AT cell:
- “MCCE nation A” needs to move TNT explosives to a specific country. “MCCE nation B” is currently moving cargo the opposite direction, so they offer their empty “leg” to “MCCE nation A” that pay with ATARES. Result: better use of resources and a Win-Win for both nations.
- “MCCE nation C” requests a cargo move in a remote location. “MCCE nation D” signs contract with civil broker and offers the AN type aircraft to “MCCE nation X”.
- “Authorised non-member organisation E” requests a passenger move and can only pay in cash. “MCCE nation E” offers airlift but cannot accept cash. “MCCE nation F” offers to pay through ATARES to the providing nation and accept cash from the requesting nation.
- Visibility of part load and empty “legs” is available for member nations via the MCCE Offer List releasesd weekly. Nations can search the list to see if they can utilise any spare capacity saving precious national resource and expensive chartered aircraft.
- MCCE AT Cell offers nations coordination of missions in support of operational, exercise and training support Our mission is to support MCCE member nations get more “bang for the buck” and reduce their carbon footprint by exploiting existing synergies throughout the member nations resources.
The AT Cell is operational 24/7, via beneath Contact Information.
Telephone: +31 (0)40 206 6059
Cell Phone: + 31 (0)6 2054 8878